Acquiring IP and technology, especially strategic ones, can ramp up an organization's IP value creation program. This would require careful study of technology and IP opportunities on a global basis to develop windows of business opportunities that can be seized through IP or technology acquisition.
As an in-house project legal counsel and consultant, I provide the range of services related to IP and technology acquisition including:
- Building relationships with research group, university technology transfer groups, startups and others, to source advanced technology IP opportunities.
- Finding and evaluating patent acquisition opportunities that could help fill potential future product gaps
- Helping plan and prioritize intellectual property technology acquisition areas.
- Evaluating candidate technologies for acquisition, licensing and investment.
- Working with the client company's IP business and legal teams to execute transactions.